Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My love of Crafting

It all started when I quit smoking on September 11, 2009.  I knew that I needed to find something to do with my hands and I had always wanted to learn how to crochet.  I tried teaching myself, but was having a hard time getting past the instructions in the books.  I even bought 3 or 4 different "teach yourself to crochet" books.  I would get so far, and then not understand the lingo or exactly what they were trying to explain. 

I have a Joann's near me and decided to take one of their learn crochet classes.  I had just missed the crochet class for the month so I decided to take a beginning sewing class.  Sew much fun!  Next thing I know I am making my little girl MU pajama pants and buying a new upgraded sewing machine.  I didn't stop there, I wanted to try my hand at making a quilt. There were so many beautiful examples in the store and in the magazines, this is what I wanted to do.  Yep, you guessed it I bought some books and started to teach myself quilting.  I will say I do love to watch Fons and Porter on PBS on Saturdays. I have learned so much from them. I DVR and keep them all. 

Finally, I do get into the crochet class and within 2 hours I am crocheting along.  I have since then taught myself to knit.  Whenever I don't understand something I find myself on Youtube looking up videos.   This has been a lifesaver. 

These are my humble beginnings.  I am still a newbie and my work has lots of flaws, or as I like to call it character, but I love doing it.  I have found my passion in life. To create beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...