Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Sunday, October 23, 2011

FNSI Results - 10/21

Started the Christmas cathedral window table topper Friday.  Had to work all weekend, about ready to go to work now too, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. 

This is the first time I have done this block and I think it is going really well!  I can't wait till I get to the hand sewing part.  :) 

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 Row Robin Finished!

I got my quilt back! OK, I received it in the mail Friday night - but have been working like crazy and this is the first opportunity to post any pictures. 

My quilt name is "Springtime out in the Garden".  The ladies have blown me away with their creativity and sewing skills.  My row really looks like an amateurs next to theirs.  I am not complaining, I have come along way this year!  The last quilt I worked on was definitely my best. 

Now I need to decide how to finish it.  I am thinking of doing one wide border row all the way around.  I just need to figure out what color.  Any ideas?

Row 1 by Me in Missouri
Row 2 by Judy in Arizona
Row 3 by Peggy in Florida
Row 4 by Lara in Florida
Row 5 by Theresa in Michigan

Don't forget this Friday, 10/21, is Friday Night Sew In (FNSI).  Sign up and join us!

Handmade by Heidi

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Row Robin - Southwest Theme

I did it!  I just finished my last quilt row for the 2011 Row Robin I was participating in.  Judy, the person's quilt I had, picked Southwest as her theme. 

When doing the row robin, the quilt top owner starts their quilt out with the first row and establishes their theme.  The send it to the next person in the circle.  We each add a row using their theme in our own interpetation.  Really gives you a chance to do something you might normally do and is a fun way to meet and make new friends.  We started this December 15, 2010 and we had to Feb 15th to finish the first row and send it on to the next person.  Each row is 12 X 60. 

This was definitely the best row I completed.  I am a pretty new quilter/sewer and I would have the darnest time getting everthing to measure up right.  I really took the time squaring up as I went along.  Each of my 12" blocks were 9 patch units.  I made sure that during each stage I trimmed and measured.  It takes a little longer but it is sure worth it! 

My only regret is that I didn't use a muted background fabric.  I love my row by itself but when I saw some of the other rows when I went to join my row seems a bit loud.  Oh well, it is a color celebration!

p.s. I should be getting my row back soon too, I will post pictures when I get it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...