Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pacific Nights

For my second foray into quilting I decided to try my luck with a pre-cut quilting kit.  I found on eBay for only $20 a log cabin pattern with all of the pieces already cut.  Perfect!  I think this is a great way for a beginner to practice their machine piecing and quilting.  All of the fabric was cut the precise size it was supposed to be.  My kit didn't come with backing or binding material and to be honest I haven't done anything except complete the top.  I was so happy with the way the top looked I didn't want to mess it up finishing it.  I have in the past few weeks been thinking about finishing this wall quilt, I feel now I have more experience and can really do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...