Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My FNSI Results

Finally getting a chance to post my results for last nights Friday Night Sew-In. Today has been crazy busy, in a good way. DH and me went to the movies and late lunch today, took my son driving for 2 hours (he is 15 and has his permit), spent sometime at JoAnns and even did some cleaning around the house. :)

So last night I decided to practice, practice, practice. I am a newbie to sewing and quilting and need to practice on accuracy and what really does 1/4 inch look like when sewing on my machine. I have a 2.5 inch strip jelly roll that I decided would be my victim perfect for half square triangles. So I got to town ironing the strips and then using my Fons and Porter half square trinagle cut out the triangles. I then chained pieced the half square triangles together. I did press the seams and then decided to open the seams to both side.

Here is some of my work in progress.




4 comments:

  1. My 17 year old got her license last year and the practice driving was 'harrowing'. Thank you for sharing your FNSI results! I love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabrics you are using together. Hope to see how it comes together. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! It took me years to get as accurate as I thought I should be. Still doesn't always come out right either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...