Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Monday, February 8, 2016

Circle of Friends Quilt Finished


At my very first quilt retreat in Spring of 2015 all the attendees participated in a mystery project that turned out to be a bowtie quilt pattern.  I didn't get signed up for the retreat early enough to have the instructions on what to bring for the mystery project.  You had to bring an assortment of blocks pre-cut, darks and lights.

However, luck was on my side, they had some left over squares and I had two wonderful members give me their blocks so I could work on the project while I was at the retreat.  As this was my first time attending anything like this I didn't bring enough to work on! :)

By having all of these squares donated to me, this allowed me to finish a larger quilt top than the mystery project would normally have been for everyone else.  I did only finish one group of blocks while I was there and then started working on the others in late August with me finally quilting, binding and hanging the quilt in January 2016.

Blocks in progress.


Blocks laid out on the floor while I decided on the design I would go with. You have lots of options with this quilt block.

 Sandwiched and pinned all ready for quilting!



Quilt hanging above stairs that take you to our downstairs family room.


Closer look. Really love how it turned out!


Found a great tutorial and free pattern for the bowtie quilt.  This is not the one I used but very close.  Enjoy! http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/05/bow-tie-quilt-patterns/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...