Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hugs and Kisses Quilt

Another quilt finished!  I'm on a roll this year. :)  This one was started in May of 2015.  I had this jelly roll for some time before finally figuring out what to do with it.  To be honest, I had several jelly rolls in my fabric stash, as I am sure we all do, and have never known the best way to incorporate them into a quilt.  I was looking for a pattern to use with this precut and I found the Missouri Star Quilt Company's tutorial for the Jelly Roll Race II and knew I had found the perfect quilt.  I loved the idea of this pattern adding the squares to breakup this strips.  I decided to add two borders to finish the quilt.  

This one I knew I was going to give to my mother from the very begining. While machine quilting in the ditch I came up with the idea of adding an X or an O in the square blocks to represent hugs and kisses.  My mom always signed everything to us kids with XOXO and I wanted to put that in the quilt being made especially for her. I wanted to wrap her with hugs and kisses!  

Finished Quilt


Close up look of the hand quilted X and O in the square blocks.  Hope you can see.


Don't forget, always add a label!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...