Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

#FW89Ruby 1930's Farmer's Wife QAL

Had a great productive day yesterday. :)  Spent some of the afternoon with my daughter shopping.


After a funfilled afternoon of shopping (ok, it was really only a few hours) I headed back home in time to get dinner started turn on the last couple of episodes of the Downton Abbey marathon on PBS and to work on last week's 1930's Farmer's Wife QAL block, #89 Ruby. 

I have been selecting fabric close to the colors that are in the book.  I do love seeing all of the different color ways everyone is using.  There are so many taleted and creative people participating in the QAL. I am a HUGE fan of 1930 reproductions.  The fabric just makes me so happy looking at it. :)

I chose to do this one using the paper piecing template.  I don't have Marti Michell’s templates for these.  I would love to have them! I had a friend at a quilt retreat I attended bring hers and I got to use them.  They are so helpful. :)


COMPLETED BLOCK! 


What to join the QAL?  Checkout Gnome Angel's website here, http://www.gnomeangel.com/farmers-wife-1930s-sampler-quilt-sew-along/.  Plus there is a Facebook page that we all post in here,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...