Homemade banner

Homemade banner

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Where have I been?


Wow, it has been a long time since I have updated my blog and a LOT has changed.  In October of 2016, my husband and I started talking about the real possibility of us moving to Arizona.  I started to look at job postings online and comparing rent and house prices.  After I got back from my quilt retreat in November 2016 my husband and I had made the decision, that we were going to make the move to Arizona!!  We didn't know how we were going to do it yet, but we knew we had to start working on our house so we could have it ready to sell.  So when I got back from my quilt retreat, I left my sewing machine packed away and proceeded to purge and pack up my sewing area.  It was the first area/room of the house I started with.  Because I knew I had to focus on nothing else but working on the house! 

We started working on the house and started looking at job postings in Arizona.  Progress was slow and steady until the end of February 2017.  An opportunity came up through my current employer, they were looking for an Account Manager for a client onsite in Scottsdale, Arizona.  I didn't know if they would even be open to relocating someone, but I went to them and told them that I would be interested and they jumped on it.  Within 7 days I was flying out to AZ with my husband to check out the area and see where I would be working.  They wanted to make sure I would really like it out there. Umm, yes we LOVED it!
Scouting trip - Scottsdale, AZ - Camelback Mountain
We made 2 additional trips out to AZ between March and April.  We found a place to lease and my husband was even able to find a job before we made the move.  Everything was lining up perfectly!

Now we just needed to sell the house! lol

House for sale!
Well, the first weekend our house was on the market we were under contract!!  We had inspections done and agreed upon before we moved.  We left KC on  Friday, June 9th, driving through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and finally made it to our new home in Arizona Sunday morning June 11th.

Goodbye Kansas City, MO! 

Day 2 on the road again in Dalhart, TX. #PuppiesOnBoard
Last leg of the trip! Sunday morning in Payson, AZ.
First time in an off-leash dog park for these girls.

Getting settled into our new home!
Beautiful sunsets almost every night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...